CHRYSO®CI 2005 is based on Calcium Nitrite, which interacts with the structural steel in concrete to prevent chloride attack.
CHRYSO®CI 2005 chemically reacts with steel to maintain a passivating layer when chlorides penetrate the concrete, significantly delaying the rate of corrosion.
- CHRYSO® CI 2005 increases life of all reinforced concrete structures.
- CHRYSO® CI 2005 chemically inhibits the corrosive action of chlorides on all reinforcing steel and pre-stressing tendons.
- Can be used in conjunction with other admixtures, but should be added to the mix separately and must not be mixed together prior to addition.
- CHRYSO® CI 2005 is a Water based & non-flammable, therefore safe to use.
- Offers Owners, Clients, Engineers and Govt. Bodies, a timeproven, corrosion inhibiting technology that will extend life of all reinforced concrete structures.
When used in fresh concrete mixes, CHRYSO® CI 2005 will seek out and form a corrosion inhibiting protective layer on metals. Project specifications will determine addition rates, which should be pre-determined following projected chloride ion ingress over the life span of the structure. Preliminary tests should always be carried out to determine the effects on the concrete mix design.
- All reinforced concrete used in Foundation , Ground Floors, Split slabs, Car decks, Inverted roofs, Basements, Underground Tunnels, etc.
- All reinforced precast, pre-stressed, post-tensioned or marine concrete structures
- Concrete substructures in marine environment/splash zones, water reservoirs, swimming pools
- Pre-cast and all steel reinforced concrete structures exposed to de-icing salts and corrosive environment such as carbonation and atmospheric attack
- Industrial concrete structures with sulphur vapor
- Concrete mixed with chloride water
- Cooling Towers, Plant & Factory floors subject to chemical and/or acid attack.
- Preventive maintenance, Restoration and repair of all reinforced concrete structures, when utilizing proprietary repair mortars